Tuesday, February 5, 2019

How Does a Writer Engage a Reader? :: Teaching Writing

How Does a source Engage a Reader?Its still snowing. The wind is so hearty it is hard to stay upright. Im lost in a blizzard. Ahead of me, I see a faint glow. Is it a lamp in my ho practice? I tell myself, Keep moving toward the wakeful. Left, right, left, right, up, down, I keep walking. Im so cold. I press on, but the light remains just out of range. Left, right, left, right, up, down. The light grows brighter. Now it dims. I suddenly realize that Im walking in circles.Where do I go with this paper? How do I get beyond the theme? Why is this assignment so difficult for me to grasp? intellectually I discover the assignment, at least the right side of my understanding does. The left side of my brain seems to be disengaged. Every time I feel like Ive nearly got it,it vanishes, eluding me once more.I neer realized how difficult it was to break the written material habits learned throughout life. Themewriting whitethorn not be good writing, but I fear it is the however kind of w riting Ive ever d bingle. I believe that theme writing may still have value and that themewriting is undesirable because it fails to engage the endorser and to communicate anything of substance.How does a writer communicate and engage a referee? Is it by using a lot of dilate? The author of The free Nihilist used a lot of details. Those details didnt help me understand it any better. I still am confused about what he was trying to communicate to me. Did Lee really dislike his dog? Was he happy when the dog was killed? Or, was Lee just happy that he wasnt the one hit by the car. The author caught my attention initially by his use of dialogue, much as Mikes attention was held by Lees story. A lot of details were present, but they didnt help me any with this story. Another paper, Martin Luther mightiness, also used details. It told me where Martin Luther King was educated and what some of his religious convictions were, but it failed to reveal the whole man. It didnt produce his character or reveal his passions. The paper had some details, but it bring down short of my expectations.Its still snowing. Its been snowing since noon. The wind is howling it must be at least 30 m.p.h.

No comments:

Post a Comment