Friday, March 1, 2019

A Change of Plans

Joey Hildreth Dr. Weston Composition 1 September 12, 2012 A Change of Plans do a plan to do something is a normal occurrence in human life. People make plans to go see a movie, to go out to dinner, and to hang out with their friends all on a fixing basis. Sometimes life can send unexpected events that can remove those plans. I am sure this has happened to everyone at least once where things didnt go exactly the way they had planned. To this day I would consider myself a good driver however, I recall a driving get down where things did not go quite the way I had planned.I had made plans to go to Cedar Point with a friend, and we were going to meet up with someone we had met the last time we were at Cedar Point. My friend and I had two bought season passes in wee June. It was the first summer that I had a machine and we figured we could drive to Cedar Point once a month until it closed for the year. We had gone once with my friends family in late June, and another time with my parents in late July. In early August we intractable that we needed to make another trip up before school started and we would have a schedule to work near.Since in that location had been no more family trips planned, we were determined to make the drive by ourselves. I must have begged my mom to let me drive without parental care at least a thousand times. Only after I had promised her I would be careful, responsible, and follow the speed limit that she even considered it. subsequently that it took many more pleads before she finally gave in. I still withdraw our conversation when she finally told me we would be allowed to make the trip. Fine, but if you want to go you need to have Taylor textbook me every half hour so I know that you guys are still alright, and you have to call me as soon as you get there.While youre at Cedar Point, youll text me every 2 hours to check in, she said. Alright Mom, I replied as I hid excitement piling up inside me. Im not finished yet, she sai d and paused for me to pay attention and you will leave no later than nine Oclock. If you dont call or text, you better believe after you get home you wont have a car either. Saturday morning I left my abode and headed over to Taylors to pick him up. It was no surprise to me that I had to custody for him to finish getting ready when I arrived.After the usual groans of Come on and Youre a guy, you dont need make-up, lets go we were finally ready to leave. We loaded our things into the car and got ready to satiate off. I popped in a CD I had burned that consisted of songs I knew well. I pulled out the driveway and drove off down the highway both windows down and the stereo blaring. We were nearing the halfway point when life decided to throw in an unexpected event. I was driving down a country road going 55 when I saw a woodchuck crossing the street. He was near the middle of the road when I saw him and I didnt know what to do.This was no ordinary groundhog, this groundhog was t he sizeHe started to run towards the left side of the road, and then he turned around and darted O.K. to my side. I slammed the brakes and swerved to the right. Just before my tires hit the produce on the side of the road, I felt a slight a bump and heard a deep thud. As I realised I was going to go off-road I quickly turned the turn over to the left to try to correct myself. When I did this, my car fishtailed and threw itself into the ditch. Oh my god be you alright Tay? I asked. Uh, yeah, he responded with wide eyes.We both got out of the car to see what the damage was. At first everything seemed fine other than a small crack in my front bumper until Tay pointed out that I had a flat tire. I called my mom to tell her what happened, and she was not a expert camper. I did not have a spare tire so she told me that she would call the American Automobile Association (AAA). Shortly after she called me back and said a tow truck was on the way. Once he arrived he loaded the car ont o the tow truck, and I had quite the stage to tell him about how life had thrown a change of plans to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment